Byron Camp - Analyst
Byron graduated from the University of York in 2014 with a master’s degree in experimental physics; he then spent several years working as a scientist in the UK’s equipment test and evaluation industry. Thanks to this technical background he has experience in data analytics, creating mathematical models and understanding the life cycles of new and emerging technology.
Since joining Concept in 2018 Byron has worked on projects investigating the economics of alternative fuels, the structure of New Zealand’s retail electricity pricing, greenhouse gas reduction modelling and energy market analysis.
Examples of consulting experience
- Analysed the economics of hydrogen versus alternative low-carbon fuels
- Analysed consumer energy prices
- Analysed the changes in household expenditure by income group
- Supporting analysis for an energy market transaction
Experience prior to Concept
20014 – 2017 Scientist, QinetiQ UK Ltd
- Technical design and commissioning of unique test equipment
- Developed a tool to accurately model interference and peak power of reflected electromagnetic waves
- Investigated gaps and vulnerabilities in divisional succession planning to inform a restructuring project
- Advised clients on equipment procurement for prominent UK-wide research programmes
Telephone: ++ 64 (21) 204 9801